Immediate opening available for a Road Warrior Project Manager with Electrical experience to supervise and manage large-scale Photovoltaic/Solar Energy System Installations in varying States across the nation. Please review the job description below. We’d love to make you a part of our team.
Job Title: Project Manager
Reports to: VP of Operations (VPO)
FLSA Status: Exempt
||Type of position:Full-time
||Approx. Hours 40 + / weekExempt
Under the general direction of the VP Operations, the Senior Project Manager is responsible for construction planning to identify cost saving opportunities and may manage multiple projects concurrently. The Construction Project Manager will attend job meetings and coordinate activities across departments. Act as liaison between management, field construction crews and client to ensure project is completed in an effective and efficient manner ensuring project status is verified and materials and equipment arrive to job site on time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide single point accountability for commercial solar projects from order entry through design, procurement, installation, commissioning and post-sale support.
- Manage and provide leadership to project team consisting of project engineers, installation crews, subcontractors and consultants.
- Provide full management accountability for project revenue, margin, and schedule for multiple simultaneous commercial solar projects totaling greater than $10 million in revenue.
- Effectively execute the role of lead field representative of the company in all interactions with the customer from project award through project completion.
- Responsible for identification and compliance with all contract requirements and development of change orders in coordination with the Operations Controller (OC).
- Prepare budgets and schedules, track project actual vs. plan and take corrective action to meet objectives in concert with the VPO and OC.
- Coordinate system technical design and components specification for commercial PV systems with Project Engineering.
- Manage preparation of Bills of Material and Scopes of Work; manage procurement, production, subcontracting and scheduling of deliveries and services in coordination with VPO and OC.
- Oversee preparation of mobilization and installation plans; coordinate oversight of installation activities with VPO.
- Review project cost reporting, invoicing, and accounting with VPO and OC.
- Oversee development of safety, quality control, testing and system commissioning plans
- Oversee completion of utility interconnection agreements, rebate applications, and inspections
- Coordinate management and hand off of remote performance monitoring and reporting system technology to Customer Service
- Oversee preparation of manuals, drawings, reports and other documentation
- Provide and/or oversee customer training
- Coordinate maintenance planning and hand off of post-installation support to Customer Service
- Provide sales support for proposal preparation including system evaluation, system sizing, cost estimates, budgets, and schedules at the direction of the VPO.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE /SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial construction project management experience
- Experience with commercial 3-phase electrical power construction projects
- Contractual language familiarity.
- Familiarity with project cost accounting and tracking procedures.
- Strong organizational skills to manage interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to work with external customers and internal colleagues to obtain optimal technical solutions, and meet schedule requirements.
- Logistics, scheduling and budgeting knowledge.
- Familiarity with test equipment, tools and methods.
- A personal commitment to a safe working environment
- Strong computer application skills including Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office Suite; Excel and Word
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD preferred
- Detail oriented, with effective written and verbal communication skills
- Have the ability to travel for extended periods of time >80% to manage projects wherever they may be—nationally or internationally.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BS degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related discipline required, or can be substituted with a total of 10+ years’ project management experience. NABCEP certification and Electrical experience preferred. PMP certification desired.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to climb a ladder; stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee must able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
The Project Manager’s success is measured by the following criteria:
- Ability to start and manage projects without guidance
- Development of process and tools that streamline operations and cut costs
- Able to bring answers to the table and implement solutions quickly
- Yearly evaluation
MERIDIAN SOLAR, INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Meridian Solar, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.